Just a simple developer/consultant in the Montreal area.
I work for my own company : Softimedia Inc.
My principal interests are :
- OO Programming (Java , C++, C#)
- Any OS that lets me do my stuff the way I want... (so far, BeOS and Linux are my friends :))
- Any cool things, like my agenda from agendacomputing, wireless j2me phones,... actually anything embedded.
- Testing and MockObjects
- Looking for another Contract
- Worked for 15 months (July 2003-September 2004) at Accovia in Montreal
- Under Contract with Accovia Inc.
- Struts 1.1, JBoss 3.2, WebSphere 5.
- Hibernate, Castor XML, xDoclet
- Worked for 1 month (June 2003) at Ericsson Canada with JeanPhilippeBelanger
- I've developped a web ui with struts 1.1 using tiles and validation.
- Gave 2 courses about XP
- Gave 1 course about Programming WebServices with Java.
- With Services Optometriques Inc. from january 2003 to may 2003
- C# and Microsoft .Net.
- I have used a product (ABC.Net) from Pretty Objects, that is to C# what EJB is to Java.
- I helped to develop POCMock which is a Mock Objects Creator for Microsoft.Net .
Things I've done for (myself?...,community... ?)
Courses in French
- Wrote and give course about XP (Extreme Programming)
- Wrote and give course about Webservices and Java.
Linux, Java and Video
I recently bought a wireless camera from x10.com. It came with a VCR commander and a couple of motion sensors.
Those things are supposed to work together.
But i thought that making it work with my linux box would have been a better way to handle it...
Install the frame grabber card
- Linux Red Hat 7.2 vanilla installation
- Hauppage Win TV 98 PCI
To install just do the following sequence as root :
- /sbin/insmod videodev
- /sbin/insmod i2c-core
- /sbin/insmod i2c-dev
- modprobe bttv
Now you can start xawtv.
I found a simple java layer for Video4Linux.
So now I have to create a simple program to detect movement between images.
I made a couple of spikes and now i can tell that it's nearly working. I've used JAI (Java Advanced Imaging) to manipulate images.
I need to find a better algorithm / tools to detect movement between frames. Actually my wireless cam seems to send frames with too much noise in my opinion.
I need to find a way to substract this noise.
I did something like this (substract noise from wireless cam) last year, and now I've got to do it again, contact me if you're still interested. I'm in Montreal too. -- RobinMillette
Java 3D Links
This lib can take snapshots, run script, load 3DS, Imagine, AutoCAD, PDB, DEM, TrueSpace?
, VRML92, Wavefront models http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/~srp/Java3D/portfolio/examples.html
Java Gaming web site:
F1 video in Java:
Collection of VRML/Java3D games and snapshots:
Demo with Quake3 models
View edit of September 23, 2004
or FindPage with title or text search